Sunday, May 11, 2014

Summer DR trip: Part 2

Hey everyone! I don't know who still reads these, but if you are, you're awesome and I love you! So, In case you didn't know, In just 3 weeks I will be boarding a plane back to the Dominican Republic and will be gone until September. However, unlike last year, I will be accompanied by my best friend this time around. His name is Blake Smith, and after rededicating his life to Christ in December, Christ layed both of us on the same path: Making disciples! God has so many things planned for our ministry this summer, and I can't wait to see what unfolds!

I want to so badly take every minute out of everyday and focus on the trip, but I don't think I have ever been so busy in my life. Last year, things were simpler, but this guy right here is graduating in just 5 days. And the school decided to have finals, graduation, and an end of the year play all in the same week, so my blog post today will be rather brief considering the fact that I have a Literature paper and economics flash cards laying right infront of me.

To take a step back and look at my life last year compared to now literally leaves me speechless. I am amazed at the work God has done on my heart followed by the extreme power and grace that has trailed behind it. I have fallen and cried and grown. My faith has been tested and temptation won sometimes, but my love for God and His love for me never changed. And look at me now. I am getting on a plane to go and serve His children. The children that don't know what a father is. The ones who don't have "love" in their dictionary. Of all people... He chose me to do this... I am so undeserving and so unworthy yet he sends me. God is way more loving and bigger than I could ever imagined.

Well, this is goodbye until I can get past finals and graduation. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment