Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Faith

There are just some things in life that I don´t understand. We were so close... Julie was finally in celebration that she would recieve a surgery that would save her life! Now they are saying that she has a 30% chance to live through it. Her doctor suggested that she not go through with it and to just live the 5 months she has left on earth. Just the other day she was singing and dancing and now her and her mother are crying and weeping. 

When we first recieved the terrible news, I grew frustrated with God and confused as to why He would let us get Julie´s hopes up then just take all of that hope away and replace it with a 30% success rate. But then Marcos told me what came out of Julie´s mothers mouth when asked if she wanted to go through with the surgery. ¨I rather have my daughter go out fighting with faith rather than waiting to die.¨

I now have to remember that God never leaves us. Whether he wants to keep Julie on this planet or is calling his little daughter home, He won´t ever leave her side. He´s been there since she was born and will continue to be there through her surgery and even after it is finished. 

Sometimes we just don´t understands, and sometimes we lose sight of God when all that is around us is darkness, but that is when the faith in the unknown steps in. And it´s not having faith that Julie will survive the surgery. It´s the faith that the family of Julie will accept whatever God´s will ends up being. 

As I sit here hurting for Julie, crying for Julie, and praying for Julie, I have to remember something I told myself back when I was going through moments of darkness. And that is to trust God, even when things don´t seem to make sense. Trust God even though we can´t see the end of that tunnel, or the sun during a storm, or even a 100% success rate in a heart surgery. TRUST GOD, even when things don´t seem to make sense. 

Everyone please continue to pray for Julie as her procedure starts on Monday. I will definately keep you posted. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment