Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Love That Casts Out Fear

When working in the name of God, Satan is known to mess things up. He has tried countless times with me lately. he knows I can only go up from here, so he tries to bring my past back to haunt me. The past two nights I have had dreams... well nightmares about two men killing me. This is not the first time this dream has happened and if I were to not have been a Christian, I would drown in fear of them.

You see, when I was younger two men came into my home and held me and my family hostage at gunpoint. They took our money, broke many of our things, and physically hurt me. Since then I have done nothing but live in fear. After every nightmare I would cry and be afraid to be awake and asleep. I would drive myself insane.

Fear took a foot hold of the majority of my life, but then I went on a little trip to the Dominican Republic in February. There, I felt no fear. I felt no anxiety. I felt SAFE. Why? because for the first time in my life, I felt God's presence with me. 

God has transformed me so much that all I can do now is stand in awe as He continues to do work. I never would have thought I'd enter a foreign country for 2 months ALONE at the age of 16, but God held my hand. I never would have thought that I would be able to sleep in a house with a family whom I have only met twice with no bulglar alarm, no security and no glass to cover the windows, but God was with me. 

the number one thing that has eliminated my fear is my love for my God. His love casts out all fear. If you just woke up and threw away your pride and took hold of God's hand He will demolish all of your fear. You can not breathe the breath of christ if you are drowning in fear. You must Swim to the top of the water, reach out to God and let him pull you out. Take that leap of faith and he will transform you into someone you never thought you could be. He will get you to do things that you told yourself your whole life you could not do. Love casts out all fear! Just look what He did to me!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put Landon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experiences have transformed into blessings that are tools for you to help others when called. I am happy you are aware you are never alone; fear will always step aside and allow you to do the next right thing when you are willing to rely upon faith. Have fun on your mission!
    <3 Aunt Wendi

    ReplyDelete