Thursday, June 13, 2013

I may be weak, but you spirit is strong in me.

The past few days, many physical and emotional things have been happening. Yesterday, I forgot to drink barely any water all day, and because of it I woke up this morning very weak and dehydrated. While in the DR you sweat every second of the day, indoors or outdoors. So to have no water intake causes severe dehydration. I woke up this morning planning on doing construction all day, but things quickly changed. 

By the time I got out of bed I decided that there was no way I would be working, no matter what Marcos said. I then sat down and began to read my devotional. It talked about being joyful and loving throughout your day. I closed my eyes and began to pray that no matter how much pain I was in, that I would work with a joyful heart. So I did.

We first stopped at Villa Hermosa to say a quick hello to some people then headed out to Brises Del Mar to do construction. Just seeing the sun while getting out of the car made my head throb, but I remembered my devotional. It began to become too much and I told Marcos that I couldn't do construction, but that I didn't want to stay home. I needed to push myself for the love of God. So I stood outside and got to meet some people and get to know them. 

I met a Hatian family who literally had a house maybe a bit bigger than a closet and still smiled. They all lived among thousands of flies, their food had bugs in it, all of their fruit was spoiled, and the children seemed sick, but they still had JOY. 

I was quickly thankful that I didn't stay home. It showed me that their are other people who are hurting but still don't lose sight of Jesus. As I went throught my day today and yesterday I also saw people who were hurting. People who were in pain mentally and physically, yet still smiled. I saw a man with no arms begging on the street. I saw a woman who was mentally dissabled begging on the street. I saw people naked. People with no legs, people who were blind, begging on the street. Yes, they were all begging, but there was one thing I could see in all of them. JOY. I don't know if they knew Jesus, but they showed more Joy than I had and here I am professing to be a Christian. 

No matter the pain, weakness, hurting, dissabillities, never lose sight of your creator. He created us to endure pain and lean on him when we don't think we can handle it. You see, it's not about your weeknesses. It's about the strength of God's spirit inside you that matters. When judgement day comes, even the healthiest man alive could be turned away. I'ts about the joy... the Spiritual Strength... and the blind faith that gets you through those gates. 

Please continue to keep not just me, but the family I'm staying with and the people I mentioned in this post in your prayers. 

1 comment:

  1. Landon, we are praying and thank you for caring for others.

    ReplyDelete