Sunday, June 2, 2013

See with your heart, not with your eyes

   Well, I have safely arrived in the Republica Dominicana! When it comes to God shining a light in my eyes this summer, I expected that to not happen until I arrived, but He had already started to work in my life on the airplane ride from Nashville to Atlanta. This was not one of my happy moments, but one I can learn greatly from. 

   As we were being seated, I saw my place and next to my seat was what I thought was a man at first. As I got closer I realized it was just a woman with short hair and a few manly features. I did what anyone following what the "WORLD" says and automatically judged her. As the plane ride proceeded I was hessitant to even pull out my bible because I thought she would immediately start judging me (although the whole time there I was judging her) What happened next was speachless to me.

She asked me where I was headed and without even mentioning God I had said on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic. She then proceeded to tell me how she had done missions her entire life and was currently on a millitary missions trip around the globe. She then gave me advice on faith and how to make sure your doing what God has called you to do. It didn't stop from there. She then pulled out her Bible and began her own devotion. 

   It left me in a moment of guilt and awe at the same time. Here I was professing to be a christian yet hiding in fear that someone would judge me and my faith, yet that person I was judging ended up being the one to humble me. I can tell ya, I walked away from that situation never to hide my faith again. Even if it meant awkward situations or getting chewed out. God never seems to unamaze me. God has called us to see with our hearts and not with our eyes, because the world is an expert at fogging our vision... 

(sorry if i mispelled things. I am using a computer meant for spanish speaking people and spell check is messed up)

No comments:

Post a Comment