Monday, June 10, 2013

Trust God

Hello everyone! Things are going good here for me! I rode a motorcycle for the first time in Dominican traffic! If you didn't know already, there are  pretty much no laws when it comes to driving in the DR. Everyone just drives however they want to, so it was a big deal when I finally rode on a motorcycle haha.

I think one of the most challenging things I have to deal with on a day to day basis is speaking spanish. I barely know any so I have a hard time communicating with children and adults. Another thing that has become challenging is trusting people I have become close to down here. A couple days ago I donated a handful of backpacks to a school in Villa Hermosa. Yesterday, the prinicipal sent me a picture of Chino and his siblings and grandmother holding 4 of the backpacks. Today when I visited the family, something unexpected left her mouth. 

When I sat down with the grandmother, she said she needed backpacks. That means she or another family member sold or took the backpacks I had given to them. Why would this happen? Why would adults deprive a child of a gift that was given to them?

As I began to grow angry I realized not to lose sight of God. He has a plan and reason for all that is happening. I may not know it now, but I just have to put my trust and faith in him. I encourage you back at home to trust God throughout your day, even if things don't seem to make sense, because he has a reason for all that is happening. Just because you can't see the end of the tunnel right now, doesn't mean it has ended. Be patient and God will provide.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Landon and I am so proud of you. Everything you do, do it for the glory of our Lord. Sin abounds but we have to trust our Savior in all things. Stay true to your heart and don't stop giving but you can stop driving motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete