Thursday, June 6, 2013

Street Ministry

Today I spent my time with the mission team from Tennessee. We went to the a store similar to Walmart but dominican style called "Jumbo". The minute I arrived, God spoke to me to help someone. I had no idea who, but I felt the need to help someone. Usually I would think that He would call me to help people when I was in Brieses Del Mar or Villa Hermosa, but for some reason He tugged on my heart to help someone at a place where most wealthy people shop. 

While the rest of the team shopped and ate ice cream, I stood by the opening door to Jumbo and looked outside to see two little boys begging on the street. I immediately called them over and took them inside for some ice cream. Then I began to get to know them. I learned that they were Christian but didn't attend church. They also never owned a bible and their father was not Christian. 

after they finished their ice cream they went outside to wash windows and beg again. God spoke to me told me I wasn't finished with them just yet. I then went inside and bought two Bibles and gave them to the boys (Junior and I can't remember the other boys name). They got big smiles and thanked me. God still wasn't finished with me. I opened up a handbook I had and began to tell them how Money does not save you, but God saves you. Then I read them scripture.

I got on the bus and watch as the boys proceeded to gather a group of people around them and began reading the Bible and telling others what I had done and given to them. Multiple adults walked up to the bus and asked me to come out and then told me that they wanted a Bible too. I had no more money at the time, but I told them that I would return. 

I owe all of what happened to God. He spoke through me today and because of that others were witnessed to. God works in some amazing ways and I thank Him for calling me to be here in the Dominican Republic. 

What I would lke to tell you guys and encourage you to do is to be a witness everywhere you go. Not just on a mission trip once a year or at church on Sunday morning, but everyday and everywhere. People believe that there could only have been disciples in the Bible and that after it was finished, there are no such things, but that is false. God has called his children to prosper his Kingdom. What will you do today to grow his kingdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment