Monday, June 3, 2013

Reunited

Today was amazing! At first we attended a church and helped fix it up a bit with another group from Tennessee. Then we stopped by Briezes Del Mar and got to see the progress it had. ( to everyone in my last mission team who worked there all week, the school has all its walls built and they are now working on pouring cement for the roof) Then me and Marcos visited Villa Hermosa!!! I finally got to see my kiddos again. 

Let me tell you a little something about Villa Hermosa. When I first went there in 2012, God placed a small group of amazing boys in my life. Since then, we have grown to be inseperable. Every time I visit, They cling to me and let no one else come near me haha. Three boys in particular that have become family are Chino Nino and Manuel. They stole my heart the minute I met them. I came on my first trip and saw all of these children immediately swarm me, but God wasn't calling me to minister to them just yet. he was calling me to reach the ones who stood in the back and were quiet. That is when I met the three amigos.

Their story is truly heart breaking. When they were young, their father committed suicide, permantly deleting himself from their lives. Thy have since then grown up in a house the size of a bathroom with no influence in their life to learn right and wrong from. That is why God called me to help these boys. Since my first trip, I have formed a bond with these three that has become un breakable. Words cannot describe my passion and love for these boys. Never in my life have i cried so hard when I had to leave them in February. They are like children to me and part of my whole reason to coming here is to bring love and christ to these boys due to their lack of it throughout their lives. 

It is impossible for one person to save everyone. But what is possible is to start with one little family. A family who is so beyond broken that they have lost all hope. A family who has not heard of love. A family who has so much potential, yet holds back  in fear of failure as their parents have. You can start with one family, and then watch as they transform everyone around them. I am blessed to be here and I ask you guys at home to please pray for my kiddos. God bless everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment